Making a Video for Oral presentations
- The maximum video length depends on the type of presentation:
- Keynote presentation: 15 minutes
- Oral presentation: 5 minutes
- We prefer you to be visible in the video.
- Record your video in the highest possible resolution with a maximum file size of 500 MB
- Please use the number of your presentation/poster to label your file
- For harmonization purposes, we kindly ask that you use the cover slide template (insert file) for your presentation.
- Please send us your recording in .mp4 format.
Creating a video
We have collected a couple of links to help you to make the recording.
Windows & PowerPoint
For Windows users with a recent version of PowerPoint we recommend creating the recording using PowerPoint.
MacOS & Keynote
For Mac users with Keynote version 10.1 or higher the easiest way is using Keynote.
For all other cases we suggest OBS Studio. This is open source software able of capturing screen, video and sound and combining them into a single video file.
Besides the technical aspects described above, please consider the following
- Make sure your camera is stable.
- Avoid using copyright protected elements.
- Take your time. Make sure you speak clearly, with intonation and engagement.
- Make eye contact. Win the staring contest with your camera.
- Make sure your presentation stays visible and is not obstructed by your headshot.
- Avoid surrounding noises and echos. We recommend using an external microphone.
- Find natural light and try to avoid backlight. We want to be able to see you.
- Smile, you’re on camera!